Wow, it’s been a long time since I did a post just from “me”, rather than an interview or spotlight! Sorry about that, but there’s been a lot going on. Here’s just a quick update:
- Back in March, I got pregnant.
- Went on vacation at the end of April (the first one just me and hubby in several years) because the in-laws (who came to help the first year with the girls) were getting ready to move out.
- The day before the in-laws moved out, I discovered my precious Little Bean was gone, so no more baby. ::sigh::
- In-laws moved out (YIPPY! house to ourselves!)
- The only good that came out of the loss of Little Bean was we discovered that my pacemaker needed replacing (I’d had it for 8+ years and when it was installed, I’d been told it would only last 3-5 years), so got it replaced at the end of last month.
On a writing note, I’ve been bumbling around, but if you look on the right side of the screen, you’ll see a couple of word-count meters. I finally got started on Dreams of Blood (Book 3 of the Dream-Walker War), but am struggling so am trying something new…outlining! Whoa. It’s freaky. Super Editor swears by it, but the jury’s still out. I haven’t gotten very far, but if it helps, I’ll try anything.
I’m also trying to do a short story for the Evernight Halloween anthology. It would be the shortest piece I’ve ever written (5-10k). I’d be writing about a character that gets mentioned in Blood Rage, Sheridan (who was the one who pushed for the Great Awakening). She was sixteen when she became a vampire and she’s got somethin’ going on with Christian DuBois, a mage-born. This is a great combination because, if you read my books, you know mage-born and vampires do NOT get along very well. Their relationship is kept pretty quiet because she initially met him in a class she was teaching (she’s got a doctorate in archaeology).
The girls are now 14.5 months old. Sheesh, where’s the time gone? They’re getting so big. Their teeth are coming in differently. Quite different in appearance – Sam’s quite dark with relatively little hair (it’s finally started growing in), and Jackie’s much paler with a mop-top of blonde hair.
Recent pictures of the girls as we came home from daycare!